Romney Says No to Trump's Debate

In an interview with Fox News’ Neil Cavuto on Tuesday, Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said that he would not be attending the ION/Newsmax GOP debate being hosted by Donald Trump.

The former governor of Massachusetts has not yet commented on his reason for declining to attend.

Considering the size of IONs viewership and the holiday scheduling of the debate, viewership of the event is expected to be light. Newsmax’s choice to use a reality television star to host the debate has caused Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul to decline the invitation and choosing disgraced former CNN news chief Eason Jordan as a producer has also soured the appeal of the event.

Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum  are the only candidates to so far accept an invite to the December 27th GOP debate, but  with Mitt dropping out even more may decide that that the event is not for them.

Rich Mitchell

Rich Mitchell is the editor-in-chief of Conservative Daily News and the president of Bald Eagle Media, LLC. His posts may contain opinions that are his own and are not necessarily shared by Bald Eagle Media, CDN, staff or .. much of anyone else. Find him on twitter, facebook and GETTR

Share
Published by
Rich Mitchell

Recent Posts

GOP Swing State Justices Sweep In Rare Midterm Setback For Democrats

Two Georgia Supreme Court justices secured victories Tuesday against Democratic-backed challengers Tuesday in a rare…

4 hours ago

New Second Amendment Appeal Request Lands On Supreme Court’s Doorstep

The Supreme Court received a petition Wednesday that could have the justices debating concealed carry…

4 hours ago

Does China Have The Upper Hand?

A growing consensus holds that Donald Trump’s confrontation with China has weakened the U.S. Some…

4 hours ago

How to Get Yellow-Stained Bed Pillows White Again

Our favorite bed pillows get a lot of use every night. We keep clean pillowcases…

4 hours ago