U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported Wednesday that they have seen a sharp decline in the number of individuals apprehended or deemed inadmissible along the U.S. southern border.
“Today’s announcement of the dramatic drop in illegal southern border apprehensions demonstrates that the Presidents commitment to securing our border and supporting law enforcement is already showing results,” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement.
In March 2017, 16,600 individuals were apprehended or deemed inadmissible. This is a 35% decrease from February 2017, and a 61% decrease from January 2017, when President Trump took office. The decline represents a 64% decrease from the same month last year.
“The Trump Administration is expanding the border patrol, cracking down on sanctuary cities, and directing resources toward the construction of a southern border wall,” Spicer said. “President Trump is keeping his promises to the American people.”
The White House has recently begun an effort to inform the public of President Trump’s accomplishments that the mainstream media is refusing to publish.
Yesterday, the White House Press Office published a statement on the president’s historic rate of rolling back regulations.
I didn't set out to overthrow three cleaning products in one afternoon. I was simply…
Secretary of War Pete Hegseth is willing to do what it takes to reform the…
Schedule Summary: President Donald Trump will return to the White House on Monday. President Donald…
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told CNN on Sunday that Democrats will fight “tooth and…
When a politician says, “Let’s be honest,” you’d better get the fact-checker fired up. When…