In The News

White House: Vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans

The White House issued a statement Tuesday that explained just what happened with the Philadelphia Eagles‘ canceled visit.

“After extensive discussions with the Eagles organization, which began in February, the team accepted an invitation from the President to attend a June 5 celebration of their victory in Super Bowl LII at the White House,” Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.

At the end of May, the Eagles organization notified the White House that 81 players, coaches, management and support personnel would visit along with about 1,000 Eagles fans. But last Friday the Eagles changed their tune.

“Late Friday, citing the fact that many players would not be in attendance, the team contacted the White House again, and attempted to reschedule the event,” Sanders explained. “The President, however, had already announced that he would be traveling overseas on the dates the Eagles proposed.”

The White House felt slighted by the bait-and-switch, but attempted, to no avail, to negotiate a visit.

“Unfortunately, the Eagles offered to send only a tiny handful of representatives, while making clear that the great majority of players would not attend the event, despite planning to be in D.C. today,” Sanders said. “In other words, the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans.”

Why, at the last minute, seek to change to a date that they knew was impossible? The president’s planned overseas trip had been made public so the bad faith effort to move the date looks like an attempt to make President Donald Trump look bad.

It’s not a strong move by the Eagles or the NFL as their favorability, TV ratings and ad revenue continues to drop due to the never-ceasing social justice warrior attitude of the players.

The President decided to change the event so that it would be a celebration of the American flag with Eagles fans and performances by United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus.

Rich Mitchell

Rich Mitchell is the editor-in-chief of Conservative Daily News and the president of Bald Eagle Media, LLC. His posts may contain opinions that are his own and are not necessarily shared by Bald Eagle Media, CDN, staff or .. much of anyone else. Find him on twitter, facebook and GETTR

Share
Published by
Rich Mitchell

Recent Posts

Iran Losing Grip on Strait of Hormuz as Ships Favor U.S.-Protected Omani Route

Iran is losing significant control over the Strait of Hormuz, the vital waterway through which…

2 hours ago

Two Navy Destroyers Went Dead In The Water In Just Three Months

Two of the U.S. Navy’s front-line destroyers suffered ship wide power failures in the Indo-Pacific…

3 hours ago

Battery Fires Creating New Nightmare For EV Owners

Forget the slow burn of traffic — electric vehicles are catching fire amid a surge…

4 hours ago

Why The Robocall Plague Seems To Only Be Getting Worse

Your phone rings. Thinking it could be important, you take the call, expecting another human…

5 hours ago

Big Tech Throws Wrench Into Uncle Sam’s Plans To Fund Debt Deluge

Washington is facing a growing challenge in the bond market as investors demand higher returns…

5 hours ago

Sophie Cunningham Stuck Her Neck Out For Our Daughters. It’s Time For Parents To Join Her

Sophie Cunningham seemed to have it all. As a guard for the Indiana Fever in…

5 hours ago