US News

‘Digusting’ Behavior: Witness Comes Forward In Don Lemon Assault Case

The former boss of the man who filed an assault lawsuit against CNN’s Don Lemon came forward as a witness to the alleged assault, according to Fox News.

Dustin Hice filed a lawsuit Sunday against Lemon, a CNN host, alleging that Lemon “rubbed his genitalia” and then shoved his fingers in Hice’s face at a Long Island, New York, bar in 2018. CNN said that Lemon “categorically denies these claims” in a statement to the Daily Caller News Foundation Tuesday.

George Gounelas, Hice’s former manager at the bar where the alleged assault took place, told Fox News he witnessed the incident and supported Hice’s claims.

“He [Lemon] put his hands down his pants, inside his board shorts, grabbed his [genitals], and then came out with two fingers and, like, clipped Dustin’s nose up and down with two fingers asking ‘do you like pussy or dick?’” Gounelas alleged according to Fox News.

“If someone had done that to me, I probably would have punched him.”

This was after Lemon came up to Hice and allegedly said something “along the lines of, ‘Do you like me? Is that why you’re bothering me, because you wanna fuck me?” Fox News reported. Hice had previously offered to buy Lemon a drink.

Gounelas said that he laughed at the incident and made fun of Hice for being “gross,” but feels bad now, Fox News reported. He also said that other people probably saw the alleged assault.

“The place was packed. I’m sure other people saw,” Gounelas said. “It was a known thing in the Hamptons, not like this quiet thing. Everybody knew Dustin and what happened to him. Every time we went out, every bartender offered him a Lemon drop shot, making fun of him. He got some shit for it.”

Hice first asked Lemon for $1.5 million in order to drop the lawsuit, a source close to Lemon said. Lemon did not agree and said he had done nothing wrong.

Lemon “was wearing a pair of shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt, put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand and shoved his index and middle fingers in Plaintiff’s moustache and under Plaintiff’s nose,” the lawsuit reads.

“The plaintiff in this lawsuit has previously displayed a pattern of contempt for CNN on his social media accounts,” a CNN spokesperson said in a previous statement to the DCNF. “This claim follows his unsuccessful threats and demands for an exorbitant amount of money from Don Lemon. Don categorically denies these claims and this matter does not merit any further comment at this time.”

CNN did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org

Shelby Talcott

Share
Published by
Shelby Talcott
Tags: Don Lemon

Recent Posts

In a World of AOCs, Be a Leavitt

Even famous and successful women can't avoid the reality of trade-offs. Earlier this month, Rep.…

2 hours ago

Lower Gas Prices, Peace, and Immigration Control May Stave Off Socialism, Temporarily….

…and a major dose of education. The results of many primaries, and the electorate’s acceptance…

2 hours ago

Less Americans May Be Gambling — But Are Polls Telling The Full Story?

While a new Gallup survey suggests that Americans are now much less likely to participate…

2 hours ago

Man Who Threatened To Shoot Thomas Massie Receives Over 2 Years In Prison

A man who threatened to shoot Republican Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie was sentenced Friday to…

2 hours ago

America’s Fiscal Demise Could Be Coming Sooner Than You Think

The U.S. federal budget is heading toward a fiscal crisis beginning in 2030, driven by…

2 hours ago

Economic Alarm That Foreshadowed 2008 Crisis Is Blaring Again

The 30-year U.S. Treasury yield climbed to its highest level since 2007 Monday as investors…

3 hours ago