President Trump announced on Twitter on Friday that Kevin McAleenen will be leaving as acting director of homeland security after a six-month stint in which he dealt with an unprecedented influx of asylum-seekers at the U.S.-Mexico border.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1182804700699086848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer
Trump said that he will be naming a replacement next week.
Trump did not explain the decision, but McAleenan after seeming to criticize the administration in an interview with The Washington Post last week.
“What I don’t have control over is the tone, the message, the public face and approach of the department in an increasingly polarized time,” McAleenan told The Post. “That’s uncomfortable, as the accountable, senior figure.”
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org
The question of which outlet gun-control groups like Everytown, Giffords and Brady United hate the…
Democratic New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani flipped a famous Ronald Reagan quote on its…
There are very few times during President Trump’s two terms that I disagreed with the…
We’ve gone from a position of weakness in US foreign policy to a peace through…