MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 18: US Vice-President Joe Biden speaks at the Boeing factory on July 18, 2016 in Melbourne, Australia. Biden is visiting Australia on a four day trip which includes a visit to Melbourne at the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre to promote US-Australia cancer research and will host a round-table discussion with business leaders in Sydney. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images) Tara Reade https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1248105993369616384 Credit: Tara Reade/Twitter
The Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department has changed the status of a complaint against 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden from active to inactive, One America News Network reported Wednesday.
The network’s Richard Pollack reported Wednesday afternoon that the D.C. police department appears to have closed its investigation into Tara Reade’s allegations of sexual assault against Biden.
“The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department has suddenly, without explanation, killed its active investigation into sex abuse charges against presumptive presidential candidate Joe Biden,” Pollack said.
Reade worked as a Senate staffer for Biden in 1993 and has accused the then-senator of kissing her, touching her and penetrating her with his fingers without her consent. The Biden campaign has denied the assault and said it “absolutely did not happen.”
Reade filed a police report on April 9 with the D.C. police department.
“This is an active, ongoing investigation that is part of our regular review process, ” Metropolitan Police Department public affairs officer Christine Metzger told the Daily Caller on April 22. Metzger also confirmed at the time that police were launching the investigation despite the statute of limitations that bars authorities from prosecuting Biden if he is indicted.
This is part of the “external review process,” she added.
Metzger also told the Washington Examiner that the case had been referred to MPD’s sexual assault unit, Pollack noted Wednesday.
But the MPD public affairs officer told OAN Monday that “the case is inactive and there is no further information available.” She refused to provide the outlet with any more information on the matter.
MPD has not responded to a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org
The U.S. Army will soon determine bonuses for its warrant officers through an auction where…
Schedule Summary: President Donald Trump will have "executive time" on Sunday. Not exactly sure what…
President Donald Trump announced Saturday he would be raising his global tariff rate by 50%,…
Trump administration officials announced Friday that they filed a civil complaint to strip a former…
When I ran for the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, I pledged to listen to…
Dear Rusty: My girlfriend is 65 and she just enrolled in Medicare. She is still working…