US News

Trump Lawyer Calls Michael Cohen’s Claims About Editing Testimony ‘Completely False’

Jay Sekulow, a lawyer for President Trump, disputed Wednesday that he edited Michael Cohen’s 2017 congressional testimony regarding efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

“Today’s testimony by Michael Cohen that attorneys for the President edited or changed his statement to Congress to alter the duration of the Trump Tower Moscow negotiations is completely false,” Sekulow said in a statement issued after Cohen’s marathon testimony before the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

Cohen testified that Sekulow made changes to testimony he provided the House and Senate Intelligence Committees regarding efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Cohen pleaded guilty on Nov. 29 to lying to the congressional panels when he claimed that he ended negotiations to build a Trump skyscraper in Russia in January 2016. He admitted that he continued negotiating a potential deal through June 2016.

BuzzFeed News reported on Jan. 17 that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about the real estate deal and that electronic records would corroborate his claims.

But Cohen’s testimony undercut that report. He said that Trump did not directly ask him to lie to Congress, but that he implicitly suggested “in his own way,” to tailor his testimony to public statements that had already been made about the Trump Tower deal.

Cohen also claimed that Sekulow edited the parts of his testimony regarding how long the negotiations lasted.

“There were changes made, additions — Jay Sekulow, for one,” Cohen testified.

“There were several changes that were made including how we were going to handle that message, which was — the message of course being — the length of time that the Trump Tower Moscow project stayed and remained alive.”

Cohen’s testimony undercut several Democrat-backed theories that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government during the 2016 campaign. He denied visiting Prague during the campaign, as is alleged in the infamous Steele dossier. He also said that he say no evidence of collusion while working for Trump

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org

Chuck Ross

Share
Published by
Chuck Ross

Recent Posts

President Donald Trump’s Schedule for Monday, February 16, 2026

Schedule Summary: President Donald Trump will return to the White House on Monday. President Donald…

19 minutes ago

Chuck Schumer Vows To Fight Supposed ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ Bill Containing Policy that 83% Of Americans Support

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told CNN on Sunday that Democrats will fight “tooth and…

11 hours ago

When a Politician Says, “Let’s be Honest”…

When a politician says, “Let’s be honest,” you’d better get the fact-checker fired up. When…

11 hours ago

University Of Miami Hospital A Cautionary Tale Of Healthcare Waste And Abuse

When the University of Miami Health System “went viral” on social media, it was for…

21 hours ago

State Department Ran Covert Ops To Smuggle Starlink Internet To Iran Protesters

The Trump administration smuggled thousands of Starlink internet terminals into Iran following the Islamic regime’s…

21 hours ago