President Donald Trump will participate in a town hall hosted by NBC News Thursday evening, the network announced.
The event will take place in Miami and will be moderated by Savannah Guthrie, NBC News reported. It will occur simultaneously with Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s town hall, hosted by ABC News in Philadelphia.
Both events were announced after the second presidential debate, originally scheduled for Thursday, was canceled. Trump refused to participate, saying that he was “not going to waste my time” in a virtual debate against Biden. The debate was supposed to be in person but was altered after Trump tested positive for the coronavirus.
Trump’s town hall follows a similar event held last month with ABC News.
Thursday’s town hall will begin at 8 p.m. and will consist of a group of Florida voters for an hour.
Trump and Guthrie will remain at least 12 feet from one another and from the audience, NBC reported. Questioners will be required to wear face masks and will have their temperatures checked when entering the venue, the outlet said.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told CNN on Sunday that Democrats will fight “tooth and…
When a politician says, “Let’s be honest,” you’d better get the fact-checker fired up. When…
When the University of Miami Health System “went viral” on social media, it was for…
The Trump administration smuggled thousands of Starlink internet terminals into Iran following the Islamic regime’s…
The Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO’s) recently issued report, The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2026 to…