A fugitive suspected of gunning down a state trooper was killed and two U.S. Marshals were injured in a New York City gunfight Friday morning.
Andre Sterling, 35, who was killed in the Bronx shootout, was sought by Massachusetts State Police after he was charged with shooting a cop in the hand during a traffic stop earlier in the month, according to Fox News. The 35-year-old and at least one other suspect engaged in a firefight with marshals around 5:30 a.m. in the Boroughs, Fox reported.
https://twitter.com/AnnaMeiler/status/1334835684314636288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer
The unnamed man associated with Sterling was pronounced dead at the scene and two law enforcement officers were injured, but it is unclear whether or not they were hit by gunfire, according to Fox.
A total of five people were transported to local hospitals following the early morning incident, but it has yet to be determined if the fifth hospital patient was a marshal, the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY) told Fox.
Sterling had two other warrants in Massachusetts for identity fraud and assault on a police officer, Fox reported. The fugitive also had a third warrant in Wyoming for narcotics, according to Fox.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org
Fox’s Greg Gutfeld blasted Democrats Thursday on “The Five” for trying to “escape their own…
Vice President J.D. Vance dedicated time out of his speech on Thursday to pray for…
Democrats are attempting to draw negative attention to the U.S. economy under Republican leadership, but…
"If it were up to me," Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia famously told a group…