US News

Vivek Ramaswamy Calls For Shutting Down FBI, Rooting Out ‘Corruption’ In Response To Durham Report

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy said Monday that the FBI should be “shut down,” and called it an “intermediary bureaucracy” that’s “rife with risk for politicized corruption,” citing findings in Special Counsel John Durham’s Monday report.

“Enough is enough. Root out the corruption & shut down the FBI. This is achievable. At the local level, we have police & prosecutors. At the federal level, we have U.S. marshals & the DOJ,” Ramaswamy tweeted Monday. “An intermediary bureaucracy is rife with risk for politicized corruption & it’s been happening since J. Edgar Hoover in the 60s.”

Durham released a report Monday on the origins of the FBI investigation of allegations that former President Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign colluded with Russia. The report found that the FBI “did not and could not corroborate” the claims and abused the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in the investigation into Trump.

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1658206489725599745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener
“FBI records prepared by [Peter] Strzok in February and March 2017 show that at the time of the opening of Crossfire Hurricane, the FBI had no information in its holdings indicating that at any time during the campaign anyone in the Trump campaign had been in contact with any Russian intelligence officials,” the report said.

The FBI obtained warrants under FISA to monitor communications by Carter Page and other associates of former President Trump during Trump’s successful 2016 campaign for the White House relying on evidence from the now-discredited Steele Dossier.

Ramaswamy previously criticized both the civil verdict against Donald Trump in a suit by writer E. Jean Carroll and the indictment of Trump by a grand jury in Manhattan on 34 felony charges stemming from an alleged $130,000 payout to porn star Stormy Daniels in 2016 in return for Daniels signing a non-disclosure agreement during Trump’s successful run for the White House.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org

Harold Hutchison

Share
Published by
Harold Hutchison

Recent Posts

JD Vance Takes His Turn in the Media Cesspool

Some may think that title to be a bit crude, but I contend that there…

5 hours ago

Democrats Descend Into Circular Firing Squad Over Their Candidate Who Wants To Put ‘American Zionists’ In Prison

House Democrats declared war Wednesday on Democratic Texas congressional candidate Maureen Galindo, who stated she…

5 hours ago

James Murdoch Reportedly Acquires Vox Website, Podcasts, And New York Magazine For $300 Million

Billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch’s liberal son, James Murdoch, is acquiring three major divisions of…

5 hours ago

The Department Of War Announces Troop Cuts In Europe

The Department of War announced Tuesday that it will reduce the number of troops present…

5 hours ago

Fire Truck Careens Into Los Angeles Building In Out-Of-Control Overturn

Two Los Angeles firefighters suffered minor injuries Tuesday evening after a fire truck lost control…

5 hours ago

Human Composting Sites May Be Coming To A City Near You

One of the world’s largest human composting facilities just opened near the nation’s capital, according…

6 hours ago