World News

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Mass Terror Attack At Iran’s Soleimani Memorial

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the bombing in Iran on Wednesday that killed dozens and injured hundreds.

Multiple bombs went off in the southern city of Kerman during the anniversary memorial service of former Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani on Wednesday, killing at least 73 people and injuring hundreds of others. ISIS has now claimed responsibility for the attack, according to a statement from the terrorist group posted on Thursday.

“Yesterday, they detonated their explosive belts in the middle of the crowd, killing and wounding more than 300 polytheist Shiites,” ISIS said on Thursday, according to a translation provided by former State Department official Gabriel Noronha. “Praise be to God.”

https://twitter.com/IranIntl_En/status/1742957495616741624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener
Speculation previously surrounded the culprit of the terrorist attacks in Kerman on Wednesday, with Tehran blaming both the U.S. and Israel for the attack, Iran International reported. However, a sizable amount of the Iranian public had guessed that the Islamic State, or ISIS, was behind the bombing.

The Islamic State views Iran’s Shiite as promoting a lesser form of Islam and seeks to kill them for it, while Iran, like most of the Western world, views ISIS as a terrorist organization and has taken action to destroy it in Iraq and Syria, among other regions, according to the Wilson center.

ISIS-Core was “the most-active terrorist organization globally” as of 2022, according to the State Department. The terror group has been responsible for 535 attacks and 1,329 casualties in 2022.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org

Jake Smith

Share
Published by
Jake Smith

Recent Posts

Cuba’s Officially Out Of Oil. Here’s What Happened

Cuba’s communist government confirmed on Friday what many of us predicted months ago: The island…

2 hours ago

‘What Is Not Ready?’: Maria Bartiromo Presses Acting AG On Probe Into Trump-Russia Hoax

“Sunday Morning Futures” host Maria Bartiromo questioned acting Attorney General Todd Balance on Sunday about…

2 hours ago

New CBS News Poll Shows Continued Loss Of Faith In Economy By Americans

American voters have become more pessimistic about the economy since the start of the conflict…

2 hours ago

Righteous Anger

Dems are angry over Doge revealing their grift, but Trump has righteous anger overturning the…

2 hours ago

Karen Bass Pitches Second-Term Goal Showing Lights Are Truly Out In LA

Democratic Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass identified the installation of solar panel lights as a…

2 hours ago

Spotsylvania County Attorney Announces Intent To Defy Virginia’s ‘Unconstitutional’ Gun Ban

The Commonwealth’s Attorney for Spotsylvania County, Va., said he would not enforce new bans on…

10 hours ago